Every once in a while, a girl needs some chocolate… These devil’s food cupcakes with chocolate ganache really hit the spot. They are incredibly rich in taste, but light in texture. Because I am not a choco-holic, and chocolate icing on chocolate cake is a little too much for me–I used cream cheese icing for some of the cupcakes.
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 oz. butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 and 1/2 c. cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place rack in the middle of the oven. Whisk together boiling water and cocoa. Cover and set aside.
- With a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the cake flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add to the mixture, alternately with the buttermilk.
- Add the cocoa/water mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Scoop into cupcake pans and bake for 20-25 minutes (until a toothpick inserted deep into the middle comes out clean).
- Let cupcakes cool completely before decorating. Prepare the chocolate ganache. (Recipe Abo
Did you make this receipe?
Tag @foodieinnewyork on Instagram
Share this recipe