Sophia and Amber came over for a night of cookie baking.
We used the chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of the semi-sweet Toll House chocolate chip bag. The cookies came out really great, and most importantly, we had a good time.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 7-9 minutes per sheet of cookies
Difficulty Level: Easy
*I pretty much always half this recipe. Lucy likes to take some cookie dough, shape it, and put it in freezer bags. That way, if she just wants to bake one or two cookies, they’re already prepared.
- 2 and 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels (chocolate chips)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop into round balls, about a tablespoon, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown (more or less time depending on your oven!)
Did you make this receipe?
Tag @foodieinnewyork on Instagram
Share this recipe