For the Chocolate Lovers…
(The chocolatiest chocolate anything i’ve EVER had)
Ok, really, this recipe should have had a warning.CAUTION: Serious chocolate lovers ONLY. A few small bites are sure to satisfy even the most intense chocolate cravings. The brownies were soooo rich and moist. You’ll probably want to have a glass of milk or a scoop of vanilla ice cream nearby.
I’ll cut straight to the point. This recipe is an excellent recipe for chocolatey homemade brownies. It requires several steps but is well worth it. If you don’t have a double boiler (one pot that fits in another pot to keep chocolate from getting too hot and burning), you can use a glass bowl on top of a small pot of barely simmering water. Just make sure the water is not boiling and touching the glass bowl. OR, you can just stick the chocolate in the microwave on 50% power and check every 30 seconds or so to stir and make sure the chocolate is not burning. Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 6 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 and 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350. Butter an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Place the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler placed over barely simmering water. Heat, stirring often, until the butter and chocolate melt. Remove from over the water and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla until blended. Whisk in the chocolate mixture until blended. Sprinkle all of the flour over the mixture and whisk slowly just until blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean, 35-40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Did you make this receipe?
Tag @foodieinnewyork on Instagram
Share this recipe