Raspberry-Cherry Limeade Smoothie
This is, without a doubt, the tastiest, tangiest smoothie I have ever made! It reminds me of the Cherry Limeades I used to order from Sonic when I was growing up, but this has no added sugar and is just as delicious! Because I’m so accustomed to putting vegetables in my smoothies, all-fruit smoothies often are too sweet–especially if they are filled with the super sweet fruits like bananas, peaches, and mangoes. This smoothie is all-fruit, but I also added ground flax seeds, plain Greek yogurt, and my newest smoothie secret weapon: a wedge of lime.
For the first time ever, I put an entire wedge of lime right into my blender along with the other ingredients. The lime combined with the other fruit (raspberries, strawberries, cherries, mangoes, and banana) created a magical flavor profile that highlighted the lime’s unique and tangy flavor. I can’t say enough about how delicious this smoothie was! Just make sure to use only a very small wedge (I used 1/6 of a small lime for one serving). It was just the right amount of tanginess to take this smoothie to the next level!
Raspberry Limeade Smoothie
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 banana
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen mangoes
- 1 lime wedge (about 1/4 of the lime in total, or more depending on taste)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender with 2/3 cup of water and blend until smooth. (Add more water if you have trouble blending).
- Top with fresh raspberries and serve immediately.
Did you make this receipe?
Tag @foodieinnewyork on Instagram
Share this recipe