These are incredibly unauthentic but oh-so easy and yum! I’m not normally one for the semi-homemade “just use some biscuit dough in a can” type of recipes. But, I did.
I went to a “bring an appetizer” party/potluck this Saturday. I wanted to bring something that was easy to make, used few ingredients, yet was tasty, filling, and a crowd pleaser. I came across this recipe for baked empanadas. I chose not to make my own dough and use frozen dough. You can also use dough in a can (just try to find one with few preservatives and little trans fat).
These were so delicious. A lot of recipes call for cheese, but this one does not. You definitely don’t need cheese–the Russian salad dressing and red pepper flakes add so much flavor! You won’t be able to stop eating them!
I ended up making this at home and not for the party. It was perfect for a small dinner to nibble on while we made a chocolate souffle.
Empanadas de Pollo (Chicken Empanadas)
- 1 and 1/2 cups roasted chicken, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 Russian salad dressing
- 2 cans (8 oz each) crescent rolls, with each triangle cut in half, OR pastry dough (16 oz.), cut into triangles.
- Position rack in center of oven. Preheat to 375.
- Combine all ingredients and stir.
- Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon into each triangle. Fold the dough over and close each triangle by pressing the dough together along the edges. Make sure the dough does not get too thin, or it will tear. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Enjoy!
Did you make this receipe?
Tag @foodieinnewyork on Instagram
Share this recipe